AWARENESS PART 2
What makes you who you are and how does the world see you?
What do you see when you look at people around you?
Do you see ANGRY, SAD, HURTING, AFRAID, HOPELESS, AROGANT, HAPPY, JOYFUL, SMILLING or people in LOVE?
What happens when you walk into a room full of family and friends?
Are you being noticed and everyone smiles at you?
Are you being avoided at all cost and people pretend to have not seen you?
Are you able to hold conversations without anyone offending you?
Are you being offended by other people’s views or when they do not agree with you?
Do you just greet and go to the corner and wish to leave within the first hour?
Are you intimidated by a crowed?
Do you walk into a room full of people smiling and as soon as you walk in they keep quiet and start to disperse?
What does your family do when you get home?
Are they smiling and happy to see you or keep quiet and wait for the first change to leave the room?
Do you feel like a monster?
Do you despise people around?
Do you hate going home?
Do you make every excuse not to go home?
Are you looking for reasons to take a business trip and be away from your family?
People are just a reflection of you. I know that I can spend 2 hours sitting without saying a word. If that offends you then you are the one with a problem. The problem might be the silence and not the fact that I am quiet. Look within and find the reason why is the silence offending you. I know that when driving there are times when I look forward to that moment of silence at times I switch off the radio just to hear myself think.
Sitting in an open plan office it nice but listening to other peoples conversations is not for me. There are a lot of things that makes me happy, like walking into a restaurant that is playing their music nice and soft. There is no problem with the music but do not like to shout when talking to a person sitting across the table from me.
There was a time when I used to take myself serious and was offended by a lot of things like the word in zulu “njayam” meaning my dog, though the person used it in a friendship context or saying that I am the best in something. It took me a long time to realise that the words were not a problem but I was the problem. I associated the words with their real meaning and I saw a picture of the dog. These were habits that I picked up when I became a Christian. Being a Christian was not a problem but the decision to take things at their face value was.
In this chapter you need to learn more about yourself and take the time to reflect. Dig deep to find the reason why you hate certain things or they make you angry. The important thing here is not to find the solution or try and fix yourself. That we will cover in the later sections of this journey to HAPPINESS. Make notes and write all the things that upset you on a piece of paper and evaluate yourself after a month to see if you have overcome them or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment